I'm a crazy shopping machine during the holidays. But I just can't resist all the awesomeness combined with great sales and coupons. Plus, I like shopping for others, too, and in shopping for others, I always manage to stumble upon things that I want, too. Oy. Anyways, here's the damage I've done in the past few weeks:
- West Elm: Santa mug (20% off), Owl mug (20% off), and fox ornament
- Ulta: Revlon Peach Petal nail polish, Revlon Gum Drop scented nail polish, Macadamia Deep Repair Masque (can't wait to try this!) --$5 off $15 coupon (these items didn't total $15, but I also got a gift *shh!*)
- Bath & Body Works: Slatkin & Co. Toasted Pistachio Delight candle, Iced Gingerbread foaming hand soap, Fresh Balsam wallflower (shaped like a Christmas tree!) --$10 off $30 coupon
I've said it before, and I'll say it again - Bath & Body Works has upped their game 200% this year. The gingerbread soap smells EXACTLY like sweet, spicy gingerbread men - I LOVE it. And the candle? Pistachio with a hint of strawberry and cream. If you like Laura Mercier's Pistachio line, you'll love this. And even if you don't, seriously, give this a whiff if you can. So, so yum. The Fresh Balsam plug-in was necessary - I don't have any "holiday" plug-in scents (had Vanilla Bean Noel and Winter Candy Apple, but used both already). I was having a tough time deciding between Spice and Fresh Balsam, but when I saw the tree-shaped one, my mind was made.
- Howie D, Back To Me --my favorite Backstreet Boy's first solo album! Mom pre-ordered this for me - thanks, Mama :)
- Drake, Take Care --been a fan since his run on Degrassi - I loved his rapping then, and I still love it now...
I don't buy music all that often, and I tend to gravitate towards female singers, so two albums by fellas in one week is a pretty big achievement for me. So far, loving them both. :) And yes, I still buy CDs. I mostly listen to music in my car, and don't want to mess with my iPod.
- Happy Endings: The Complete First Season -- one of my favorite shows at the moment. I only saw two or three episodes of the first season, so I want to catch up!
- Book of Dragons/Gift of the Night Fury (two new How to Train Your Dragon shorts) - HTTYD was my favorite movie from last year, so when I saw this on the new release display, I threw it in my cart without thinking - hope it doesn't suck!
- Tokidoki x Hello Kitty cosmetic bag
- Forever21 for Hello Kitty cosmetic bag (only $6.80!)
So, funny story, I picked up the tokidoki x Hello Kitty cosmetic bag from the Sanrio store, and then, browsing the mall, I noticed a Hello Kitty display at the front of Forever21. And... I bought another cosmetic bag. Just what I need! >_< I'll probably save this one to use for traveling. So, I walk into the mall owning zero Hello Kitty makeup bags, and I walk out with two. The end.
- Butter London Leopard Nail Skin Stickers
I have a love/hate relationship with nail stickers (cute designs/easy to remove but also chip easily, complicated to apply), but these Butter London ones were so screamingly me that I couldn't resist. We'll see how it goes.
- Revlon Colorburst Lip Butters in Tutti Frutti, Creme Brulee, and Gumdrop
Revlon Lip Butter in Tutti Frutti
Revlon Lip Butter in Creme Brulee
Revlon Lip Butter in Gumdrop (reminds me of YSL RVP in Celestial Mauve!)
- Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Peach Parfait
Revlon Lip Butter in Peach Parfait (sooo much prettier on than I expected!)
- MAC Sheen Supreme in Gotta Dash (back2Mac'd for this - gotta love free lipsticks!)
MAC Sheen Supreme in Gotta Dash
MAC Gotta Dash; Revlon Tutti Frutti, Creme Brulee, and Gumdrop
- Revlon Colorburst Lip Gloss in Eggnog
Revlon Eggnog wand + swatch
Revlon Colorburst lip gloss in Eggnog
- LUSH: Gingerbread House Tin -- contains So White and Cinders bath bombs, Gingerbread House and Candy Mountain bubble bars. I love that it can be re-used as a bank! Although I like the idea of storing my holiday bath products in it each year, too. :)
contents of the Gingerbread House Tin
- LUSH: I Love Juicy shampoo, Vanilla Dee-Lite lotion sample -- I Love Juicy is one of the best-smelling shampoos I've ever used. Plus, it works magic on my hair! I've skipped using Moroccanoil several times this week because my hair was already soft and smooth without it! After shampooing, I use Aussie 3 Minute Miracle and I'm good to go.
- LUSH: Rocketeer, Golden Wonder, and Twilight bath bombs; Snowglobe soap sample (really big for a sample!); Dorothy bubble bar (this one and The Comforter are my all-time faves)
I'd never been a huge fan of bath bombs. However, I've recently gotten into watching demonstration videos on YouTube... and now I'm hooked. I used Golden Wonder the other day and it blew my mind! It was like a night sky, complete with little golden stars (made of soap) and planet-shaped spheres (also soap). How freaking cool. Watch this video (not mine) and you'll see what I mean:
Please, sir, may I have another?? (I presume Mouse liked it, too, as he stared from the side of the tub the whole time, and dipped his paw in several times - he's never done that before!)
Okay, so that is the end of my wee little haul (psh, NOT!). If you can believe it, I've actually managed to buy gifts for other people, and some Toys for Tots gifts, too. Yes, going broke is clearly my goal. Anyways, I hope you all are having a great holiday week so far. NO Black Friday shopping for me, my friends! I hate crowds and lines as much as I hate bad grammar/spelling (which is a LOT). I'm all about Cyber Monday, though! What are your shopping plans, friends? Do tell! :D
Thanks for reading!
P.S. I had such a great weekend - some family came to visit, and we went to Sea World (my first time since I was little!) and Benihana for dinner. I was so spoiled! I took loads of pics - I'll be doing a post very soon. :) <3 Shamu <3 Okay, I'm done now for real. Love you ladies!!