- Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation (Shade 51) - Dare I say I've found my HG foundation? I know I've sung the praises repeatedly for Chanel's Vitalumiere Aqua and NARS Sheer Glow (which I still think are amazing foundations), but this one blows them out of the water. It has perfect medium coverage. It's dewy but not oily. It has a pump dispenser (yes, this is important to me!). It lasts all day. It doesn't break me out. And the best part - it cost $17 from ASOS.com! Seriously, this baby doesn't get enough recognition for how amazing it is! Thanks so much to J for convincing me I needed to try it!
- Origins Vitazing - My go-to moisturizer this past month. It doesn't break me out, moisturizes really well, smells nice, and has SPF. The end.
- Aveda Volumizing Tonic - This is one of my all-time favorite hair products. Not sure if you can tell, but this bottle is empty! I had to repurchase this past weekend. It is basically a root boost spray. I spritz it on my roots after blow-drying and give my hair a "jush" (yes, I just said "jush") and helloooo, volume. It almost doubles as a hairspray as well, as it holds my hair in place perfectly! And please don't get me started on the scent - it's gorgeous!
- Topshop Nevada lipstick - This is pretty much perfection in a tube. It's what I wanted Desert to be when Topshop first released their makeup line last year. It's a soft beige with just a hint of pink. I love the light rose scent of Topshop lipsticks, too - it's very light and not cloying at all, as rose scents often are. The formula's not perfect (though most lipstick formulas aren't!) as it does dry out my lips and can't withstand a night of work for this reason. But it's great for nights off!
- YSL Rouge Volupte Perles for Fall 2011 - Insolent Beige, Celestial Mauve, and Incandescent Orange - As I'm sure you all know, I am a YSL lipstick ADDICT. I should seriously work for them, considering how much I sing their praises. When YSL first came out with the Rouge Volupte Perle line, though, I was completely underwhelmed and disappointed. Well, they've outdone themselves with the Fall 2011 collection. These shades are real stunners. I even devoted to posts to them this month, which you can find here and here. I found mine at Neiman Marcus, but YSL has the collection up on their website with free shipping now, and I've also seen them on Nordstrom's website. There are some other beautiful things in the collection, too - I'd highly recommend checking it out!
- Chanel Prelude Quad - My darling Rachel enabled me on this one. It's just a really nice basic palette that's perfect for work, but can be dramatic, too. And I love that top left shade!! Although I agree with Rachel about the bottom left shade - it's a dud (too sheer!).
- MAC Warmth of Coral mineralize blush - Before MAC's Semi Precious collection was released, I was only interested in the Pressed Amber mineralized blush. Well, as things turn out, I ended up with the Blue Sheen mineralize eyeshadow (pretty, but not sure how to wear it!) and this blush. Initially I thought, "eh, I have too many coral blushes. Pass." Well, I'm so glad I didn't! This is such a gorgeous blush. It looks incredibly natural on my skin, and though it's matte (which I also love), it makes my skin look more radiant. It's perfect with smoky eyes, as it doesn't compete for attention. Love it.
- Maybelline The Falsies Flared + MUFE Smoky Lash mascaras - Maybelline's The Falsies Flared is possibly the best drugstore mascara I've tried to date. It added lots of volume and quite a bit of length, too. However, as is the problem with many drugstore mascaras, it's just not black enough! That's where Smoky Lash comes in. It's super black and lengthening - perfect as a top coat!
- MAC Lord It Up Pearlglide eyeliner - This was released with the Tartan Tale collection this past winter. I gave it some love initially, but kind of forgot about. Well, I've rediscovered its gorgeousness this past month. It's perfect on the waterline when I do a smoky eye. I especially love it blended with Urban Decay's 24/7 liner in Lucky (another favorite). It already has depth, but combined with Lucky, it's really stunning. The wear time on these is really great, too!
- Philosophy Frosted Animal Cracker 3-in-1 - Something you might not know about me is that I loooove Philosophy 3-in-1s. You could say it's an addiction. When the circus-themed products were released, I ordered this and the Pink Cotton Confection lotion from Sephora without even giving them a sniff first. I knew I would love them - and I was right! This smells like creamy frosting with a hint of lemon. Yum!
- Desert Organics Spicy Vanilla Chai hand & body lotion - This lotion smells exactly like it sounds, and for someone who is obsessed with chai tea, that is a very good thing! I keep this at my bedside table and put it on my hands before bed - it's such a relaxing scent, and moisturizes quite well. Desert Organics products are available at Whole Foods Market.
- Philosophy Pink Cotton Confection lotion - This lotion smells a bit like Aquolina Pink Sugar, but in my opinion much better (I've never liked Pink Sugar!). It's a light, non-offensive scent that works great as a body lotion, as I've yet to find a perfume it doesn't complement. And besides, how cute is that packaging?? Ridiculous.
- Chanel Graphite - This is one of two Chanel polishes I own (the other is Gold Fiction, which is oooold!). I'm just not a fan of pricey polish, when there are almost always dupable shades for cheaper. However, when I saw this in person I couldn't resist. I just couldn't imagine finding a perfect dupe for this - it has so much depth!
- Sally Hansen Without a Stitch - This is a can't-go-wrong nude that is opaque in two coats. It's perfect for when you want a simple "mannequin hands" look!
"I can has makeups?"
Other non-beauty things I've been loving this month:
- The Nine Lives of Chloe King (ABC Family)- I'm really getting tired of Pretty Little Liars and its crappy storylines (anyone with me?), but this show, which airs right after PLL, hasn't disappointed me yet! I would watch this show just for Alek (Benjamin Stone) and his smexy British accent.
- Backstreet Boys and New Kids on the Block (if you read my last post, that's a DUH!)
- The 90's are All That! (TeenNick)- Hello, reruns of Clarissa Explains It All, Doug, All That... I am SO THERE! And with TheHUB airing Jem (my favorite 80's cartoon), too, my inner child is in HEAVEN.
- Degrassi: Now or Never (TeenNick)- This show is so ridiculous yet so addictive. And I love that it's on four nights a week!
- True Blood - It's back on, yay!!
- The video for Jennifer Lopez's "I'm Into You." To quote SNL's the Antonio Banderas show, "Too sessy, no, too sessy!" Seriously, just watch it.
And, of course, my favorite favorites of all, my little babies Sammy and Mouse!
I've woken up to Sammy snuggling up against my face the past four days in a row - cutest way to wake up ever!
Mouse likes to have his tummy rubbed - I think he's part puppy!
Okay, that's quite enough favorites for now, don't you think? ;) See you soon, lovelies!
Thanks for reading!