Tuesday, August 9, 2011

natural makeup on a rainy day (w/ootd, notd, and kitties!)

Hello lovely ladies! I've had a quite a fun weekend, full of shopping and kitty-snuggling - two of my all-time favorite things!  I'd originally planned to take photos for a haul post this morning, but alas, the weather was against me, as it rained most of the day. :P I'm still planning on doing that tomorrow, though, because I'm so excited to share what I picked up, and I haven't done a haul post in forever! I know some might disagree, but I always LOVE reading haul posts. Same as with favorites posts, they give me loads of ideas for new things to add to my wish list, and my wish list and I are BFFs. :) Besides, sharing your finds with friends is half the fun of shopping!

Anyways, back to *this* post! I was walking tutorials on Smashbox's website Sunday night (I'm crushing on their Girls on Film collection!), and they inspired me to do a simple, natural look today. The yucky weather was added motivation.


FACE
Dr. Jart+ Water Fuse Beauty Balm
Dior Aurora
Smashbox Girls on Film blush rush in Silhouette
The Balm Mary Lou-Manizer (applied *very* lightly!)

EYES:
Garnier Anti-Dark Circle Eye Roller (under eyes)
MAC Painterly paint pot
UD Naked palette: Naked, Buck, Smog, Darkhorse
UD 24/7 liner in Whiskey (smudged on upper lashline)
MAC I Get No Kick eye kohl
MAC Lingering brow pencil
Maybelline The Falsies Flared mascara

LIPS:
C.O. Bigelow Lemon & Ginger tinted lip balm (this stuff is amaaaazing - so glossy, hydrating, and yummy!)


Zoomed to show glossiness of the lip balm!



NAILS:
Essie Going Incognito


(savvy mall elevator shot!)

TOP: Gap
SCARF: J.Crew
SHORTS: Target
FLATS: Vivienne Westwood for Melissa
BAG: Zara**
WATCH: Michael Kors Rose Gold

**Mini Bag Rant: I bought this Zara bag about 2 years ago (you can't see in the pic but it has an adorable bow at the front and gold hardware - which I love!). Well, much to my chagrin, the zipper broke about a WEEK into using it. I stashed the bag away because I liked it too much to get rid of it, and didn't know how to fix it.  I've been using it again the past two weeks, and already the handle seams are tearing. I believe I paid about $80 for it, and while it's no "luxury" brand, I expect better quality for that price.  I've bought bags for $15 at Target that have lasted years! :P

I stayed home most of the day, but I had to mail a blog sale package, and one of the malls near me happens to have a post office in it, so I took advantage as I was in a browsing mood anyways (I did pick up one tiny thing at Anthropologie, though, which you'll see shortly!). I continued my browsing tour over at Barnes & Noble, reading some magazines and drinking a lackluster Starbucks Chocolate Banana smoothie (tasted like chocolate powder, banana, and water...). Despite the smoothie, it was a really relaxing day!

Then, of course, I get home and Mouse pulls the runner off my coffee table... while I had a half-full glass of Moscato on it...

And later he tried to jump on my lap but slipped and dragged his claws down my leg as he fell.  I never knew a howl like that could come out of my throat.

Minor disasters aside, adopting these babies was the best decision I've made in a looong time.  They bring so much joy to my life! And since you guys seem to like them, too, I thought I'd share some more pics of them. 





Alright, alright, that's all, I promise! Love you guys and thanks for reading!  Haul post to come soon...

xoxo,
<3 Jess the Crazy Cat Lady







9 comments:

  1. You boys are getting big!! They lie on you like my Lily does!! What beautiful cats!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your kitties are so cuuute! I'm getting all "baby talk" looking at the pictures, haha! :p Totally looking forward to your haul post too. I'm running errands tomorrow and there's a big Nordstrom nearby with Burberry and Armani and everything... don't think I'll be able to leave empty handed ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you look beautiful! you should definately do this natural look more often, that blush is stunning!

    and i love your kitties!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look lovely! That C.O. Bigelow Lemon & Ginger tinted lip balm sounds yummmmy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweeter I love all the last pics with u and ur kitties! Ong that sucks about the Zara bag! One week into it and breaking is un acceptable for 80 bucks!! Cant wait to see your haul!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Going Incognito!

    I can't help commenting on your adorable kitties!They've gotten so big. And I feel you on the cat scrathes. My kitty is four months old and still scratches me when I play with her. But she's so cute she's instantly forgiven.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are sooo adorable!
    Clever to get that elevator pic!
    I hope Sephora re-stocks Mary Lou Manizer for the F&F in October, cuz it looks great on you and I've been lemming it :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. awww oh my goodness these cats are so cute!

    ReplyDelete