Tuesday, April 20, 2010

another youtube tutorial-inspired fotd + ootd + a new h&m top

Wow, that's one beast of a title! It was another rainy day in Orlando, but fortunately there was about 30 minutes of decent sunlight to take a makeup pic today.  Yay!  I was inspired by another YouTube tutorial by michele1218.  I just think she looks so gorgeous and sun-kissed lately, and I have really been loving her tutorials -- which is saying a lot, because I'm usually not a huge fan of tutorials.  I'm more of a "haul" and "monthly favorites" gal (could ya tell??).  Click here to watch the video: Neutral Eye Series: Urban Decay - Bronzy, Fresh, & Glowing!


Face: NARS Sheer Glow foundation (used Evian facial mist to set), MAC MSF Natural (only in the T-Zone), YSL Poudre Soleil in Light Sun

Cheeks: Illamasqua Rude cream blush (as base), Givenchy Prisme blush in In Vogue Orange, MAC Shell Pearl beauty powder (as highlight)

Eyes: MAC Hey e/s (lid, inner corners, lower lashline), MAC Free to Be e/s (crease), Urban Decay Toasted e/s (outer V), Stila Topaz eye kajal (inner corners), MUFE Aqua Eyes gold liner (lashline/waterline), YSL Mascara Singulier

Lips: MAC Ever Hip lipstick, MAC Ember Glow lipglass

My lids are really hooded.  I should probably take FOTD pics with my eyes closed, too, so you can actually see the eye makeup... :P

I had to (begrudgingly, actually -- I was really not in the mood to shop, or even go out period!) go to the mall today to return a bottle of Chloe perfume to Sephora.  I thought I liked it when I tested it, but I was wrooooong!  I haven't hated a perfume this much since Lush's Vanillary!! I seriously had to take a shower to get the scent of me.  It caused an insta-migraine and made me nauseous, too.  I'm just not a fan of rose scents in a fragrance, I guess.  So sad, too, that the bottle is so lovely!

I also had to return a jacket to H&M (from my Garden Collection haul a few weeks back).  I just realized I probably won't wear it, and it wrinkled like crazy just from being in the bag. :/  They did have some new stuff from the Garden Collection on display, though, and I really loved this top: 


You know it's an off day for me when I exit the mall with one thing, and more money in my wallet than I had going in!

Here's the outfit of the day:


Top: Forever21
Vest: Gap
Shorts, Bracelet: Target
Necklace: used to be Mom's
Sandals: Boutique 9
Bag: Miu Miu

Tomorrow it's back to work for me.  So sad... Hope everyone has a great week!

xoxo
Jess

3 comments:

  1. Love the tops - your hair looks really cute, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Makeup is fresh!:D Loving both outfits!:D

    Happy Tuesday!:D

    http://allthingsmarie.blogspot.com/
    BEAUTY. FASHION. DESIGN.
    ...and everything girly under the sun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey jessica its nick. i have something i would like to talk to you about that is kind of weird, but maybe fun. i dont know. anyway, my email address in nyakimovich@yahoo.com. please keep an OPEN MIND.
    by the by, your makeup was flawless today. i love that your all about a nude lip. so many girls think sexy is red lips. they are wrong. you are right. ok bye.

    ReplyDelete