Saturday, April 17, 2010

another face of the day + mom's birthday present from dad (so cute!)

Ugh, I have a rotten cold right now, and it is NOT FUN!! *sniff, sniff* -- literally!


Yes, it's another face of the day post, just because they're simple enough to do on workdays! ;)  I guess you could call this a label whore face of the day, because I used a lot of high-end brands today.  Ack!



Face: NARS Sheer Glow foundation (Mont Blanc - a perfect match!), MAC MSF Natural, YSL Touche Eclat (under eyes) YSL Poudre Soleil in Light Sun, Givenchy Le Prisme Blush 25 In Vogue Orange (like MAC's Ripe Peach but 10x better, in my opinion!) 


Eyes: MAC Shroom e/s (all over lid), Shu Uemura ME 450 e/s (a metallic olive green; in crease, outer V), Stila Topaz eye kajal (inner corners), L'Oreal Hip Cream Liner in Teal (upper lashline), MUFE Aqua Eyes 18L (lower lashline/waterline), MAC Star Violet e/s (lower lashline), YSL Mascara Singulier


Lips:  YSL Rouge Pur lipstick in 148 Tea Rose


later, with MAC Creme d'Nude lipstick

I also used Evian Facial Mist for the first time today, to set my foundation.  It feels so refreshing and really let the foundation sink into my skin nicely.  I highly recommend it!

And before I go, I wanted to share a photo Dad sent me the other day.  He surprised Mom with a super-sweet early birthday present (it was also the 40th anniversary of their first date!) -- a pink, cherry-embellished bag by Juicy Couture!  Nice work, Dadd-o!! ;)

Her actual birthday is April 23rd -- happy early birthday, Mama! 

Don't you just love moms and dads sometimes?? haha  I mean, I love mine alll the time, of course (yes, Mom, I know you read my blog...), but sometimes they are just extra cute. ;)

Bye lovelies!
xoxo Jess

4 comments:

  1. Very pretty and fresh FOTD!:D

    That is a cute bag and I love how you have a shoutout to your mom!:D Advance Happy Birthday to her!:D

    Get well soon and try to enjoy the weekend!:D

    http://allthingsmarie.blogspot.com/
    BEAUTY. FASHION. DESIGN.
    ...and everything girly under the sun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done dad!And lovely FOTD!You look soo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That lipstick is great on you and I'm happy to see your nose isn't bright red. Poor baby! I love that dress, too, what I can see of it. (Is that one of the Target Liberty prints?)

    Yes, your papa is a sweetie. 40 years ago today was our first date. If we were going to go for a repeat, I'd have to watch his band rehearse tonight, and we'd have to listen to the new McCartney solo album. Well, I'm sure we WILL do that since "Maybe I'm Amazed" is still our song. After that we went to Burger King - onions and all. Since Dad and I are battling the bulge and walking and treadmilling, your funny Dad said, "Yes, but if we do that we'll have to walk 20 miles next weekend."

    He wasn't talking about the Big Pig marathon, which is coming up here, but about the actual 20 mile walk we went on a week later. It was called a Hunger Hike, and we were sooooo unprepared. I don't think we even wore running shoes, which weren't such a big thing back in the day. And we ended up again at Burger King after the walk. (We completed 20 miles of the 26.2 that I think was the full route.)I'm seeing a pattern here - and a reason we were svelte then and not now!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I never knew about that! Now I see where Jonathan got the marathon gene... and also why I didn't! haha

    The dress is from Target (of course!), but I've had it for a few years -- I wore it when we went to Disney with Pat! (I remember from the pics -- my memory's not *that* good!) ;)

    And don't be fooled by the nose -- I had to blot with powder so many times before work because I kept sneezing and ruining my makeup! haha

    ReplyDelete