Monday, May 31, 2010

may favorites!

Happy Memorial Day, lovelies! Unfortunately, I still have to work today! :P  With June 1st only a day away, it's time for my May favorites! :)





BODY

Laura Mercier Vanille Gourmande eau de toilette -- I don't even know how to describe this other than "delicious." It's a beautiful sweet vanilla scent that lasts all day but is subtle and not overpowering.  Perfect for warm weather, but would transition well through all the seasons! I'd gotten this back in January, but hadn't used it because I thought it was similar to another vanilla scent I wear.  Now I'm kicking myself for keeping myself from it for so long!


SKIN

Laura Mercier Face Polish -- this was a sample that came with my Tom Ford lipstick, and I'm so grateful, because otherwise I may not have ever discovered it! It's an exfoliating scrub with the tiniest granules that just feel amazing on your skin, and the scent is lovely (a subtle apricot), too. Not only that, but it cleared up three pimples after ONE USE.  I'm definitely shelling out the $ for the full-size when the sample runs out!!


HAIR

Moroccanoil Oil Treatment for all hair types -- this stuff really does create soft, shiny hair.  I use this in combination with Aveda's Volumizing Tonic and Tresemme 24 Hour Body Finishing Spray.  Great stuff!


NAILS

Sephora by OPI Havana Dreams -- stunning pale blue, similar to OPI's What's With the Cat-ititude? or Illamasqua's Nudge
Topshop Gypsy Night -- a bronze-y dark brown with gold/bronze/copper glitter particles.  Sooo pretty!


EYES

Urban Decay Freelove and Woodstock eyeshadows -- such beautiful, unique shades; these are Sephora exclusives, I think...
Tarina Tarantino Electric Butterfly eyeshadow -- gorgeous burnt orange; looks great paired with Glamour Check in the crease/outer V
MAC Glamour Check eyeshadow -- burgundy/coppery brown that complements so many other shades; this came out with the Love That Look collection last year

BROWS

MAC Lingering Brow Pencil -- I've been obsessed with dark, well-groomed brows this past month.  My brows are naturally dark, but this pencil fills them in beautifully and makes them look perfect!


CHEEKS

MAC Pink Bronze pigment -- like the name suggests, a lovely bronze-y pink that makes a gorgeous highlight
NARS Enchanted & NARS Goldmember cream blushes -- my favorite summer highlight shades; they stay put all day! Enchanted is a peach shade with subtle glitter that looks amazing in the sun; Goldmember is a creamy gold (duh) -- I imagine Enchanted is better suited to fair skin tones (not sure it would show up otherwise), but I think Goldmember would be suitable for all skin tones.


LIPS

YSL Rouge Pur Shine #93 -- just beautiful :)
Topshop Brighton Rock lipstick -- such a unique shade, nice rose scent
YSL Gloss Pur #8 Pur Watermelon -- yummy coral gloss w/great pigmentation!
Tom Ford Blush Nude lipstick -- the perfect nude? Also looove how creamy it is while still being matte.

My favorite foundation (Nars Sheer Glow), mascara (Lancome Hypnose Drama, YSL Mascara Singulier), blush (MUFE HD #14, Givenchy In Vogue Orange), bronzer (YSL Poudre Soleil), and moisturizer (Neutrogena Visibly Even) are all the same as last month, so I didn't include them! :)

What are your favorites (or dislikes!) from the past month?

See you soon!
xoxo,
<3 Jess

1 comment:

  1. I was with you when you bought some of this stuff, but it looks so pretty in the picture!

    ReplyDelete