Sunday, March 21, 2010

happy sunday! :)

Today was an ugly, rainy day, but I forced myself out to get groceries and hunt for birthday presents for Mama (her birthday's April 23, but I like to start early!).

This is just going to be a quick post to show you my makeup and nails for the day (no outfit of the day post today -- it was too dark in my apartment and I didn't enter any fitting rooms when I was out! Oops!). Enjoy!

(indoors)

(in the car -- dark and rainy out, yuck!)

Face: YSL Teint Resist (Opal), MAC MSF Natural, MAC Strada blush (bronzer), Illamasqua Rude cream blush, MAC Shell Pearl beauty powder (highlight)

Eyes: MAC Painterly paint pot (base); MAC Cross-Cultural (lid)/ Showstopper (crease, outer V)/ All Races eye shadows (highlight) -- these were all colors from the All Ages collection; Smashbox Heartbreaker eyeliner, MUFE Aqua Eyes 18L liner under eyes, Stila Topaz eye kajal in inner corners, Lancome Hypnose Drama mascara

Lips: MAC In Synch lip liner, Illamasqua Filth lipstick w/MAC Perennial High Style lipglass (from the Give Me Liberty collection)

Here's a tip: If any of you have tried Illamasqua lipsticks, you may have found them to be drying (not all are, but most of the shades I've tried are).  I've learned that the trick is to dab the lipstick on and then I just blend with my fingertips.  If I just swipe it across my lips, it's a thick, crayon-like mess!

I ran into Ulta because I had a $5 of $10 coupon and needed to pick up some haircolor, and I also picked up an NYX Sheer Lipgloss in Vintage. I'd also slipped into Sephora earlier and tried a Make Up For Ever dark teal eyeliner under my eyes, MUFE's new HD blush in No.14, and Nars Barbarella lipstick (aside from Jungle Red, I've decided I'm not a fan of Nars lipsticks -- they're crazy expensive for what they are -- which is mostly a sheer tint of color that doesn't last). I layered the NYX lipgloss on top, and here's what my face looked like end-of-day:


And here's a pic of the nails -- one of my all-time faves, Essie Mint Candy Apple:



And because that was an awful lot of Jessface for a single post, here's one of Sparky before I go:




Always with the weird positions...

Bye guys.  Be back soon! Love you!

1 comment:

  1. I love, love, love those top two pictures of you! And I'm snorting over Sparky's censored privates!

    ReplyDelete