Monday, March 22, 2010

beautiful monday!

Let me start this by saying that any person who loves dogs really should watch a wonderful movie called Hachi: A Dog's Tale.  



Seriously, I haven't cried so much during a movie since the King Kong remake (and let's not discuss that further, okay?).

Yesterday, like I said, I went shopping for Mom's birthday, but I also got a few things for myself... because I'm selfish. haha


From Lush, I repurchased Big shampoo, Veganese conditioner, and Honey I Washed the Kids soap (my favorite Lush soap).  Big and Veganese frustrate me, because with both, I LOVE the smell (and the texture for Big!), but not really the effects.  They're definitely fun to use, though, and they make my hair smell SO good!  I also got I Love Juicy shampoo (smells like grape candy -- oddly very similar to the NYX lipgloss I got from Ulta the same day) and Dream Cream for my horribly itchy arms and legs (seriously having a problem with dry skin right now -- not fun!).  So far, so good!  It has a lovely lavender and chamomile scent that's very light and doesn't overpower whatever fragrance you're wearing.  There's also something to be said about body creams that come in a tub container.  They feel so... well, *lush.* ;)

I actually snatched up New Moon at Walmart at midnight Friday night with my friend Jordyn, but of course I had to include that in this shot, too. ;)

The box of haircolor and NYX sheer lipgloss (in Vintage) I picked up at Ulta.  I had a $5 coupon, so the total was just $10 -- steal!

The rest is from Sephora. I had a 10% off VIB (Very Important Beautyinsider) coupon, so I picked up more than I'd planned! >_< I got two of the new MUFE HD blushes (#13 and #14 -- I'm going to return #13, though; it looked like Illamasqua's Katie blush when I swatched it, but on my skin it's just too light), a Sephora by OPI nail polish in Ocean Love Potion (a dark teal -- I've wanted this one for over a year!), Benefit's Some Kind-a Gorgeous "foundation faker" (I'd wanted to try Nars Sheer Glow, MUFE Mat Velvet +, or repurchase MUFE's HD foundation... but somehow I chose this instead -- it's the packaging, I tell ya!), and Nars Lola Lola eyeshadow.

Here's my Face of the Day, featuring some of yesterday's finds:


Face: Benefit Some Kind-a Gorgeous "foundation faker," MAC Studio Finish Concealer, MAC MSF Natural (Medium), Make Up For Ever HD blush #14 Star Struck (pale peach), MAC Shell Pearl beauty powder (as highlight)

Eyes: Nars Lola Lola e/s (lid, under eye -- you can hardly see it in the pic 'cause my lids are so hooded!), MAC Black Tied e/s (crease, outer V), Smashbox Heartbreaker liquid liner pen, MUFE Aqua Eyes in 18L under eye, Stila Topaz eye kajal in inner corners, Lancome Hypnose Drama mascara 

Lips: Wet 'n' Wild Mega Last Matte Lipstick (tongue-twister!) in 901B, MAC English Accents lipglass


OUTFIT OF THE DAY

Dress: Banana Republic (got on clearance two or three years ago!)
Belt, Necklace: Target

6 comments:

  1. Never let it be said that you worry about horizontal stripes!

    So, whatja get me? Huh? Huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. To the contrary, I love them! Especially in black & white (you know, the jailbird look haha). I hate horizontal, though! Typical!

    ReplyDelete
  3. (Like how I dodged the presents question??) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your dress!!!! You are too cute! You totally remind me of Katherine Heigl for some reason : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. you look lovely on your FOTD ... your lips look lovely! your so pretty btw! cute blog .. gonna follow ... love it if you followed mine http://princessboo88.blogspot.com/ xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you sarah - you have gorgeous hair!

    sugar&spice - thank you!! and consider yourself followed. :)

    ReplyDelete